KIDNEY DIALYSIS AND TRANSPLANTS - the 'at your fingertips' guide
A practical handbook for anyone with long-term kidney failure and their families.
Contains answers to over 450 real questions asked by people with end-stage renal failure - this book offers positive, clear and medically accurate advice on every aspect of living with the condition.
Tells you what happens when kidneys fail, and provides an introduction to treatment through dialysis or transplantation.
“Should help patients take up the challenge of kidney failure, and use the treatments on offer to maximum advantage, thereby enabling them to live longer, healthier lives.”
Terry Feest, Professor of Clinical Nephrology, Southmead Hospital, Bristol.
“This book is an absolute ‘must have’ for all those with ESRF and for those who care for someone with kidney failure."
Tim Statham, Chief Executive, UK National Kidney Federation.
- Your kidneys and how they work
- What happens when kidneys fail?
- Treatment of kidney failure
- Investigations and procedures
- Living with kidney failure
- Coping with kidney failure
- Research, ethics and getting involved
- Appendices - Summary of normal and target blood test results for patients on dialysis
- Useful addresses
About the Authors:
To Order, either:
- Send a cheque for £17.99 made payable to ‘Class Health’ to: Class Publishing, FREEPOST 16705, Macmillan Distribution, Basingstoke RG21 6ZZ. (No stamp required if posting within the UK.)
- Telephone their Order Hotline 01256 302 699.
- Buy Online (via Class Website)