About Us - Credits
NKF Website Credits
The National Kidney Federation would like to thank Doctor Rob Higgins FRCP - Consultant Renal Physician at University Hospital, Coventry - who as NKF Website Medical Consultant has been largely responsible for the quality, scope and depth of the medical pages information.
The NKF would also like to thank Dr Andy Stein MRCP, Janet Wild RGN, and Class Publishing for permitting extracts of the book 'Kidney Failure Explained' - first published 1999 and now in its Third Edition (2006), to be reproduced as part of this medical section and all the other contributors who have provided material for consideration and for use. These include:-
- Baxter Healthcare Ltd
- Renal Unit, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire
- Claire Morlidge - Renal Pharmacist, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire
- Dr Charlie Tomson FRCP, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Dr Alan R Watson and colleagues in the Children & Young People's Kidney Unit, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham.
- NKF Renal Literature
- NKF Executive and Medical Advisors
- Roche Products Ltd
- Sir Ranulph Fiennes Bt
- Lawrence Keogh
- Baroness Cumberlege CBE DL
- Prof Sir Netar Mallick DL FRCP
- Baroness Marsham of Ilton DL
- The Rt Hon The Lord Norrie
NKF Medical Advisors
- Dr Alison Crombie BSc MSc PhD
- Prof Terry Feest MRCP
- Ms Anne M Keogh BA (Hons) RGN
- Prof Alison MacLeod MRCP
- Prof Sir Netar Mallick FL FRCP
- Dr Richard Moore BSc MD FRCP MBA
- Dr Rakesh Patel MBChB
- Mr Hany Riad FRCS
- Dr Andrew Stein MRCP
- Dr David Taube FRCP
- Dr Alan Watson FRCP (Ed) FRCPCH
- Mrs J Auer CQSW
- Dr Joanna Chambers MB FRCP FRCR
- Ms Cathy Holman CQSW
- Dr Philip A Dyer Phd FRCPath SRCS
Contributors assert their rights as set out in sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 to be identified as the authors of sections of this work wherever it is published commercially and whenever any adaptation of this work is published or produced including any sound recordings or films based upon this work.
The NKF would also like to thank its Industry Partners for their generous and continuing support.
The NKF is pleased to acknowledge the substantial financial support that the BKPA provides to fund five of the eight NKF Advocacy officers in the UK.
Richard Ian Okell
26 January 1961 - 16 December 2006
The National Kidney Federation wishes to record on this website the great debt that it owes to Richard, for founding this website in 1999 and continuing to maintain it as webmaster until his death in 2006.