Press & Media
National Kidney Federation is keen to co-operate with all strands of the Press and Media. In particular the NKF is willing to assist journalists in compiling factual information for news stories, in depth medical articles, documentaries and factual story line content for drama involving renal issues. Where appropriate, the NKF can put journalists in contact with pre-dialysis patients, dialysis patients, patients on transplant waiting lists, transplanted patients, carers and donors. Journalists should understand that no patients name will be given out without that patients express permission following a request received from the Press or Media.
This website contains a great deal of medical and other renal information of use to journalists. For medical background, return to the Home page and click on the “Medical FAQs” or “Medical Information” buttons (down left side of page).
All approaches for further information or press assistance should be made to:-
The Press Office,
The National Kidney Federation.
Some enquiries are then re-routed.
- Click here to View a 'Press Guide to renal disease' (PDF, 766Kb) (added 15 March 2003)
Current Press releases
- NKF Chief Executive, Timothy F Statham OBE, addresses a pharmaceutical company about the issues surrounding kidney disease, and describes the patient journey - 16.11.11 (added 6 December 2011)
- Ethics body suggests NHS pays for funerals of organ donors (added 21 October 2011)
- NHSBT report Record High for UK Organ Transplants (added 8 November 2010)
- Tim Statham addresses HTA debate on Organ Donation (added 6 July 2010)